As I type, Derrick is finished printing a label on our last dvd to turn in. We plan to go to Catholic Charities tomorrow in order to turn in our last required items: 4 dvd's, 4 profiles, and paperwork. Our profile is a scrapbook, which shows in 20 pages, who we are. Of course I loved working on this, as scrap booking is a great passion of mine! The 4 dvd's are a labor of love...both Derrick and I really didn't look forward to making a 10 minutes video talking about ourselves and why we should be "picked" as parents! In fact, we put off making our dvd until the last possible moment...and then begrudgingly worked on it one Sunday afternoon. Our final paperwork will be used to match us with possible birthmoms.
What I have learned in these past couple of weeks is that God is great! He has provided for Derrick and I in such amazing ways! I quit my teaching job last Spring, something that I was very nervous about doing. I didn't understand why God would ask me to leave a paying job when He also wanted us to consider adoption. I didn't understand how things would come together...which is fine, because God is in control and He knows exactly how it will come together! The above verse in Lamentations is one that I found for a Bible study several weeks ago. This idea of waiting "quietly" on God, was one that baffled me. When you are waiting on God to do something for you, it is REALLY hard to wait quietly! Of course, to everyone else, it may seem that I was waiting patiently, but God (and Derrick) know the truth...I am really good at whining! :)
So now that we are about ready to go into the "pool" of potential adoptive parents, a new wait begins. I hope that I can wait quietly, as I know that God has His hand in this entire adventure!
The following are some of the lyrics from a song by Addison Road. The song is titled, "What do I Know of Holy?"
I made You promises a thousand times
I tried to hear from Heaven
But I talked the whole time
I think I made You too small
I never feared You at all No
If You touched my face would I know You?
Looked into my eyes could I behold You?
(CHORUS)
What do I know of You
Who spoke me into motion?
Where have I even stood
But the shore along Your ocean?
Are You fire? Are You fury?
Are You sacred? Are You beautiful?
What do I know? What do I know of Holy?
I guess I thought that I had figured You out
I knew all the stories and I learned to talk about
How You were mighty to save
Those were only empty words on a page
Then I caught a glimpse of who You might be
The slightest hint of You brought me down to my knees
No comments:
Post a Comment