Saturday, August 17, 2013

An update and a Big THANK YOU!

Last I wrote, my sister Rachel was working on organizing a spaghetti dinner and auction fundraiser for our adoption.  Things went very well at our fundraiser!  I was thrilled and so thankful to have many family and friends there to eat, bid and help cook food.  We are also so thankful for the those out of town family and friends who have also donated to our fund!  We feel so blessed and supported by so many.  We are confident that God will provide everything that we need to someday bring home our adopted son or daughter!


Until then, I am spending a lot of time reading Scripture and praying.  This is really all I can do...which sometimes feels like it isn't enough, but truthfully it is the best thing that I can do in order to prepare for the future.  

A couple of weeks ago, I came across a verse in Psalm 142:5 that says, "You are my place of refuge. You are all I really want in life."  This makes me pause to really think about whether or not God is really all I want in life.  If I am telling the truth, then most days this isn't the case.  When thoughts go through my mind like, "God, if you would just give us a child, then I would be happy," then He isn't really all I want in life. 

Everyday is a new day.  I can choose to grow bitter at my current circumstances, or choose to trust that God knows what's best for the Fords.  I continue to covet your prayers as we continue our wait.  

God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment