I know I haven't posted anything in quite a while...that is because nothing has really happened in quite a while! In mid-October, Derrick and I signed our final paperwork and met with the woman who will take on our case. She is the case manager from Bloomington. The agency has not yet hired someone new for the Champaign office, but has a plan for how to handle the case load until May. They are hoping that there will be a larger pool of applicants once many social work students graduate in May.
Meanwhile...with the help of many good friends, we finished dry-walling and painting the nursery. It is a very pretty pale yellow. Derrick is very happy that the room is now functional, as the demolition began in June and the room wasn't finished until late November. Now that the holidays are over and my long term subbing position has ended, I plan on painting a mural on one of the walls. I will definitely post pictures when it is finished!
We have now attended two support group meetings. The one in October was changed and no one told us, so we missed it; and the December meeting was canceled due to the weather.
So, this coming Tuesday, our new worker will be coming to the house for a walk through of our home. This is just in compliance with our foster care license. Every several months she will come to make sure our home is still safe enough to raise a child.
Meanwhile, I am reminded that God has a purpose for our waiting time. Psalm 143:10 (NIV) says, "Teach me to do Your will, for You are my God. May Your gracious Spirit lead me forward on firm footing." I know without a doubt that adoption is God's will for Derrick and I. My prayer is that I remember that in Him I don't need to worry about timing. It will happen in His perfect timing!
Psalm 31:24 (ESV)
"Be strong and let your heart take courage, all you who wait for the Lord."
No comments:
Post a Comment