Today was the date scheduled for our second walk through with our new adoption worker. I woke up with a HUGE headache and (as I am so good at doing) I waited until the last minute to get into the shower to prepare for our visit. It wasn't really last minute though... Our first walk through taught me to be prepared early as our worker showed up about 10 minutes early then. So today, I gave myself a 30 minute buffer...or so I thought!
As I climbed out of the shower, the dog started barking ferociously, as she does when someone comes to our door. "No...." I thought, "they couldn't be here this early!" Wrong! They arrived 35 minutes early. Oh well, what could I do but throw my clothes on and brush my teeth quickly? As I walked into the living room, I found out that our worker and her intern thought that our meeting was supposed to be at 10...so they thought they were running late. When Derrick told her that we thought the meeting was at 11, she looked at her calendar and realized that she was indeed 35 minutes early. Oh well! We have to stay on our toes!
The walk through went well and we are not scheduled for another one until July. So again, we are waiting. I helped plan my sister's baby shower this weekend. It was a lot of fun! A good friend was so sweet to email me this morning to remind me that my baby shower would be next. I thank God daily for the people He has placed in my life who are encouraging and praying for Derrick and I as we wait to meet our beautiful son or daughter.
No comments:
Post a Comment