Monday, January 23, 2012

ICK!

I've noticed, in the last several weeks, that suddenly I've been using the word 'ick' an awful lot!  As I sit down at my computer, ready to type, that is the word that comes to mind.  We've had a tough couple of months around this household....ick! 

Today, our social worker came to do our six month monitoring.  Nothing unusual.  Actually, I think I got less stressed about this visit than any other we've had.  Yes, we cleaned the house.  But this time there were several things my list that weren't done, and I was completely okay with that.  During our monitoring, we received an update about our agency, which will be changing names and 'philosophy' in March.  We also talked about the monthly support groups we are mandated to attend, which will also be changing...hopefully into a support group! I'm excited about the possible changes and hoping that they do make the group a more supportive environment.  

Derrick and I have recently been looking into some other avenues of adoption in the last several weeks.  Last week, we were again disappointed to know that money is the obstacle of adding anything else to help this adoption occur soon.  It is very frustrating to want to do more, but not have the resources to do so.  Especially when, even with some penny pinching, there is nothing that could be done in the near future. 

We've decided, therefore, to try and do some fundraising to help offset the costs of anything extra we might do.  Please pray that God will give us wisdom in where we should turn for financial assistance.  There is such a fine between taking the control away from God and waiting for Him to do His work. 

Those who are reading this who know us personally, know that the last couple of months have been heart-breaking.  Please keep us in prayer, things have just been...'ick!'

No comments:

Post a Comment