Wednesday, October 22, 2014

What's in the Works?

I want to start by saying, again, how thankful I am for all who have been praying for Derrick and I.  In the last couple of months, so many people, who I may never meet face to face, have told us they are praying for us.  We are eternally grateful for all of you, including those who have been praying for years for us!

We have begun working in a couple of different directions in the last couple of weeks, in hopes of being placed as soon as possible.  Many of you know that we are well over the average waiting time for both our local agency (5 years) and our larger east coast agency (1 1/2 years).  Most recently, we were referred to a local lawyer, who often works with expectant mothers who visit local crisis pregnancy centers.  In order to sign a retainer with this lawyer, we first needed to update our profile book.  A profile book is similar to a scrapbook that expectant mothers can look at when they are choosing a family.  We are almost done with the first draft of our profile book and hope to have it sent to the lawyer this week.  We are so thankful for those who helped us find a photographer for new photos and for a co-worker of Derrick's who lent us his computer so that we could use a specific software for the book!



This week we also started taking Foster Care classes through our state.  Taking these classes will enable us to either do foster care or do foster to adopt.  At this point, we are leaning towards foster to adopt.  These classes are three hours each and last nine weeks.  If you're looking for us on Monday nights...we'll be in class from now until Christmas.

Meanwhile, we both are working away.  I ended up fullfilling 49 essential oil cases during the second week on October!  Every case helps us raise money for our adoption.  Every hat I crochet or tote bag I sew...all, little by little, helps!  Thank you so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment